Why we think…
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic stress disorder
- and… personality disorders
… are different from each other.
There is a lack in terminology, if not also a lack in understanding, how all these symptoms and syndroms interact.
There is most likely nothing wrong with what computer games, porn, online shopping, gambling, social media and more bring to the table. I won’t make the argument about these things only being bad if placed in the wrong hands – like we could argue that alcohol is only bad if abused.
My argument is that these things are all bad – but not because what they bring to the table. But because what they subtract from our lives.
The Big Five Pillars of Health
- Social Interaction
There are negative affects on all of these by digital technology.
- Depression, apathy and procrastination
- Overweight, obesity and sickness
- Stress and anxiety
- Fatigue and lack of motivation, concentration and focus
- Personality disorders (or thinking you suffer from one); such as eating disorders, ADHD, asperger, bipolar disease, narcissism.
- Suicidal thoughts, engaging in self-destructive behaviors, especially addictions
- Low libido and sex drive
Then we have:
- Reduced sense of empathy against others
- Worse money management
- Inability to connect with others
- Inability to concentrate and complete tasks
- Non-existing patience